Introduction

Disclaimer. This blog does not constitute financial advice.
Disclaimer. This blog is not responsible for any potential loss, including of money and of sanity.
Disclaimer. This blog is not necessarily the most well-informed cryptocurrency blog. I can only do my best with the limited time I have, which is primarily dominated by my full-time job.
Disclaimer. You may be bored by this blog. I can unfortunately make no excuse of this.
Disclaimer. By using the word "Australian" in this blog, I am not representing myself to hold the views of all Australians, the Australian Government, some Australians, or even any other Australian other thank myself. Please don't think as a result of this blog that all Australians are idiots.

Welcome and thanks for stopping by! I have been "investing", in the most loose sense of the word, in cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, Monero, etc for the last 3 years. My story began, as most do, in the curious corners of the dark web where I first found the Silk Road and other interesting things under the Tor browser around 2012. I did not buy Bitcoin then, so please do not kidnap me looking for a huge wallet of Bitcoin. Instead, I bought Bitcoin at its second highest peak, in 2014, like an idiot. It would be in fact a genius move had I held my Bitcoin - however, like an idiot, I sold when it dropped 50% in a matter of months. Welcome to cryptocurrency.

Three years later, my friend says "Hey, you know Bitcoin... it's gone up to like $5000 a coin." I think to myself, boy, am I never getting burnt by this again... but a week later I can't stop thinking about it thanks to the inundation of questions from friends and nonstop, nonsense coverage from mass media. I remember I have an old computer. I do have a small amount of random altcoins (short for alternative coins, which are somewhat similar to Bitcoin in that they are digital, but other than that are as different as Queen Elizabeth the II is from Lil Pump, although they are both human). So began my second journey into cryptocurrency.

I can tell you that cryptocurrency is hard to understand completely. It's markets are sometimes impossible to predict. Good teams get no exposure; crap teams (or not even a team) get tons of exposure. Market price does not infer usefulness or success of the cryptocurrency. Market capitalisation is poorly understood and mostly ignored by people starting to buy cryptocurrency.

I don't hold the answers. But I will post my thoughts seeing as I spend a decent amount of time looking at cryptocurrency and reading about it. I hope you enjoy your stay and welcome any criticism of anything I do - I have a tough shell.

Comments